Bösendorfer Amateur Piano Competition in Vienna
July 1—6, 2012
Vienna is one of the most breathtaking and inspiring cities within the European continent. The city possesses an incredible amount of marvelous architecture. For centuries, Vienna has been considered the musical capital of the world and for good reason. It boasts a musical heritage unlike any other city in Europe being the home of the great composers Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms, Johann Strauss, as well as numerous others.
Vienna’s cultural calendar is brimming, highlighting the finer points of Western culture. Only in this city can one attend the world famous Musikverein, the Konzerthaus, the Vienna Boys Choir, the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, or the Vienna State Opera just to name a few.
Bösendorfer Model 280 in the Golden Hall (Musikverein Vienna)
Important competition details:
Thank you for your interest in the Bösendorfer International Piano Competition for Amateurs. Please read below for important competition details:
• Date: The next competition will take place July 1 – 6, 2012. Please visit our accommodations page for information about your stay in Vienna during the competition.
• Application Deadline: Application materials should be postmarked January 20, 2012. Visit our application page for more information.
• Eligibility: Participants must be at least 30 years of age and may not draw their primary income from public piano performances or piano teaching.
• Preliminary Round: Each participant presents a fifteen minutes program consisting of repertoire of his/her choice.
• Semifinal Round: Each participant presents a thirty minutes program consisting of repertoire of his/her choice.
• Final Round: Six finalists will be chosen to present a forty-five minutes recital consisting of repertoire of their choice.
• Repertoire: Memorized performance is not a requirement. Participants may not repeat repertoire in any round. The repertoire should be a variety of a several musical periods and composers. Individual movements of larger compositions are accepted.
For additional information about competition prizes, masterclasses, or important contacts, please visit the links above or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell your friends about this event!